SOA is seeking an enthusiastic, self-starting INTERN ARCHITECT.
REQUIREMENTS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accredited architecture degree
- Experience with design software (Revit proficiency is of greatest importance)
- Enthusiastic, self-starting, team-oriented personality
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Exceptional work ethic and aptitude for learning
- Basic PC proficiency in Windows environments, working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, Web-enabled applications
ROLES / DUTIES
- Modeling / drafting / catching redlines in Revit in all phases of design
- Field measuring and modeling / documentation of existing conditions on site
- Generating design options / imagery via Revit and Enscape software, hand-rendering
- Manipulation of design graphics via software such as Bluebeam Revu, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Assisting project manager with other tasks as needed (meeting minutes, cost estimating, programming, specifications, on-site visits, material and product research)
- Full-time salary and 401K
- Paid vacation, flexible work schedule
- Allowance for Architectural Registration Exam (ARE) fees and professional organization membership (i.e. AIA)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time allowance for professional development and public relations activities
- Opportunities for advancement and increased responsibility for driven employees that demonstrate commitment and value to the company
Founded in 1987, SOA approaches architecture and interior design as an integrated process. Our projects vary greatly in size, scope, construction type and market segment. We aim to be mid-Missouri’s architectural resource for commercial, education, health care, and civic clients. Our work ranges from small renovations and additions, to multi-story mixed-use new construction, to large scale healthcare facilities.
SOA promotes sustainable design by educating clients as to the costs and benefits of different design options. We have four LEED Certified professionals on staff. Our office building has been rated by Columbia Water & Light as the most energy efficient office building in the city and serves as a green building showcase.
In 2008, SOA was the first mid-Missouri architectural firm to implement Building Information Modeling (BIM). We use Revit on all projects and have recently begun using Enscape for renderings and animations.
Our team prides itself on being active in the community, hard-working, thorough, creative and good-natured.