SOA is seeking a self-starting, team-oriented BIM TECHNICIAN interested in playing an integral role in taking projects from concept to construction .
REQUIREMENTS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- High School Diploma
- 1-3 years of professional experience with a design, architecture or engineering firm using BIM (Building Information Modeling) or other relevant experience in design, drafting or engineering
- Experience with Revit required; experience with Enscape or other rendering software preferred
- Enthusiastic, self-starting, team-oriented personality
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Exceptional work ethic and aptitude for learning
- PC proficiency in Windows environments, working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, Web-enabled applications
ROLES / DUTIES
- Creation and organization of Revit families, components to support design work
- Revit modeling in all phases of design with appropriate level of detail for a given task
- Generation of architectural renderings, both still images and animations, via Revit and Enscape
- Manipulation of design graphics via software such as Bluebeam Revu, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Assisting architects with other design and documentation support tasks as needed
- Full-time salary and 401k
- Paid Time-off, flexible work schedule
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time allowance for professional development and public relations activities
- Opportunities for advancement and increased responsibility for driven employees that demonstrate commitment and value to the company
Founded in 1987, SOA approaches architecture and interior design as an integrated process. Our projects vary greatly in size, scope, construction type and market segment. We aim to be mid-Missouri’s architectural resource for commercial, education, health care, and civic clients. Our work ranges from small renovations and additions, to multi-story mixed-use new construction, to large scale healthcare facilities.
SOA promotes sustainable design by educating clients as to the costs and benefits of different design options. We have four LEED Certified professionals on staff. Our office building has been rated by Columbia Water & Light as the most energy efficient office building in the city and serves as a green building showcase.
In 2008, SOA was the first mid-Missouri architectural firm to implement Building Information Modeling (BIM). We use Revit on all projects and have recently begun using Enscape for renderings and animations.
Our team prides itself on being active in the community, hard-working, thorough, creative and good-natured.